Outlook Email Settings: Server Settings
5. Here, enter your name and email address under User Information. Under Server Information, enter the mail server name located in your account sheet (ie, mail.corporatecomm.com) as BOTH your incoming and outgoing Server Names. The account type can be either POP3 or IMAP. Click More Settings ...
6. The Internet E-mail Settings window appears. Click Outgoing Server and choose "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and "Use same settings as my incoming mail server". Click Advanced.
7. On the Advanced tab, check "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)". This will change the port number for the incoming server to either 995 or 993, depending on if you chose POP3 or IMAP. Underneath the Outgoing server field there will be a drop down menu. In that menu choose SSL then change the port number to 465. Click OK.
8. Back on the Add New Account window, click Next. Outlook will run a test to check to make sure your settings are correct. Once it finishes, click Close here and Next on the Add New Account window.
9. You should be all set! Click Finish.
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- Apple Mail Outgoing (SMTP) Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Name and Email
- Editing Outlook Settings for an Existing Account
- Can I access my email using a web browser?
Ask a Question