Thunderbird Final Settings
5. Once Thunderbird finishes its search, enter in your "Username" (your email address, for example, "email@example.com"), the "Incoming" server which is the mail server name located in your account sheet (ie, mail.corporatecomm.com) and the "Outgoing" server which is also "mail.corporatecomm.com". Choose POP3 or IMAP for the "Incoming" setting. The SSL dropdown settings should be set to SSL/TLS and Authentication to Normal Password for both "Incoming" and "Outgoing". Click Re-test Configuration.
6. Thunderbird will once again perform a setting configuration. Once finished, click Done.
7. You'll be back at the "Account Settings" box. Click Outgoing Server and click "Add" in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings.
8. The "SMTP Server" box appears. For "Description" you can enter Outgoing. In the "Server Name" field, enter "mail.corporatecomm.com". The "Connection security" field should be set to SSL/TLS. The "Authentication method" should be set to Normal password. Finally, the "User Name" field is your email address (for example, "firstname.lastname@example.org"). Click OK.
You should be all set!
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- Apple Mail Outgoing (SMTP) Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Name and Email
- Editing Outlook Settings for an Existing Account
- Can I access my email using a web browser?
Ask a Question