By switching your Instagram profile to a business account, businesses of all sizes can access in-depth analytics about their followers and posts, have an overall more professional looking profile, and promote Instagram posts in the form of advertisements.
One of the biggest benefits that comes along with switching to an Instagram business profile is that it allows for an easier avenue to connect and learn with their followers.
Switching from a regular account to a business account is super easy. It can be done in five simple steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the settings icon: in the top right corner next to "Edit Profile." (Note: The 'gear' button may show up as three dots depending on the device you're using - i.e.: Androids)
- Scroll down and click on Switch to Business Profile.
- Tap through the "Continue" until you reach the page that says "Choose Page." From here, you will select the Facebook Page you'd like to associate your business profile on Instagram with, if applicable.
- Be sure that your profile is set to public; private accounts do not allow the option to convert to business pages.
- On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review your personal contact information, make any necessary edits and press Done.