We are finally able to add a business page to Google+ (YEAH another social media site to babysit!) Regardless of your opinion on if we need another social media network or not, adding a page for your business or organization is relatively straight forward.
- First login to your Google+ account using your Google Account (don't have an account yet? Go here http://bit.ly/vEfzVK to create a Google account and then go Here http://bit.ly/rRTu8E to create a Google+ account.
- Next go here https://plus.google.com/pages/create (You may also see this link
on your page once logged in, simply click on it and you will end up in the same place.)
- Next select the type of business or organization you wish to add
- Create your page name, and enter your website URL. Select a category that represents the type of organization you are adding. (if you post content for 18+, 21+ audiences or promote alcohol please make the appropriate selection, otherwise leave the drop-down set to Any Google+ user. Yes then agree to the terms and CREATE!
- Wow that was difficult! Now all that is left is to add some content and start using your page. The first thing you will be prompted to do is add a tag line that describes your business. (Don't have one? http://bit.ly/uHRilO provides some basic background on taglines.)You will also have the opportunity to add a profile photo. (If you have used any social network you should be familiar with this. -- one note, Google+ has a neat simple to use photo editor you can use. Once you upload the photo you should seeyou can select if you choose - or move forward with what you uploaded (175px x 175px is a good size to work with). You can also pull from Picasa, Photos of you or from a Webcam installed on your computer.
Those are the basics. You can edit your profile further, and promote your page using the URL provided to you under the Get Started link - should look something like this: https://plus.google.com/110082409978438023963