Editing Outlook Settings for an Existing Account
If you want to edit an existing email account's settings, here are some guidelines.
1. Access your email account settings by selecting Accounts Settings under the File > Info menu.
2. Select your Corporate Communications account and click "Change ... "
3. Under Server Information, edit the server names. Click More Settings ...
4. Under "Outgoing Server" choose "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and "Use same settings as my incoming mail server". Click Advanced.
5. On the Advanced tab, check "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)". This will change the port number for the incoming server to either 995 or 993, depending on if you chose POP3 or IMAP. Underneath the Outgoing server field there will be a drop down menu. In that menu choose SSL then change the port number to 465. Click OK.
6. Back on the Add New Account window, click Next. Outlook will run a test to check to make sure your settings are correct. Once it finishes, click Close here and Next on the Add New Account window.
You should be all set!
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- Apple Mail Outgoing (SMTP) Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Server Settings
- Outlook Email Settings: Name and Email
- Editing Outlook Settings for an Existing Account
- Can I access my email using a web browser?
Ask a Question